DELTA CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT
· Clear priorities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, explicitly stated in strategic policy documents.
· A clear commitment by senior management to the importance of safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare.
· A clear line of accountability within the organisation for work on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
· Recruitment and human resources management procedures that take account of the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of students, including arrangements for appropriate checks on new staff and volunteers.
· Procedures for dealing with allegation of abuse against members of staff and volunteers
· Arrangements to ensure that all staff undertake appropriate training to equip them to carry out their responsibilities effectively, and keep this updated by refresher training at regular intervals; and that all staff, including temporary staff and volunteers who work with children, are made aware of the establishment’s arrangements for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their responsibilities for that.
· Policies for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and procedures that are in accordance with guidance and locally agreed inter-agency procedures.
· Arrangements to work effectively with other organisations to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, including arrangements for sharing information.
· A culture of listening to, and engaging in, dialogue with children – seeking children’s views in ways that are appropriate to their age and understanding, and taking account of those views in individual decisions and in the establishment or development of services
· Appropriate whistle-blowing procedures, and a culture that enables issues about safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children to be addressed.
· Senior leaders who understand the context of Federal Law 3 of the UAE, the guiding Law for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
Principles upon which the Safeguarding Children Policy is based
· The welfare of a child or young person will always be paramount.
· The welfare of families will be promoted.
· The rights wishes and feelings of children, young people and their families will be respected and listened to.
· Keeping children safe from harm requires people who work with children to share information.
· Those people in positions of responsibility within the organisation will work in accordance with the interests of children and follow the policy outlined in the DELTA Policy Framework.