After School Activities
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment is required prior to commencing classes for After school activities
The registration is considered complete only after the full payment for the course is received
Registration fees and materials are included in the course fees
Places on our sessions are limited. They will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Should the student miss one or more classes, they will be considered taken, and the payment will be neither refunded nor transferred to another term.
All courses, activities, venues and arrangements are subject to change according to weather, programming and a satisfactory level of numbers. We reserve the right to cancel any course and or to change any information given, should this be necessary for any reason.
We treat as a priority the safety and well- being of the children attending our courses. We therefore reserve the right to remove from our session/ activities without refund, any child or parent/ guardian found bullying, misbehaving or generally being disruptive.
Collection of children -We aim to provide a safe and caring environment for all children. In the event that a child is not collected and a parent is delayed, the parent requires to notify the 3rd party provider and the school. Students using the school bus will be supervised to the bus by GEMS staff.
Students arriving independently must be dropped off or picked up by a parent or preapproved designated adult. Students cannot arrive or leave school unaccompanied, i.e. via public taxi.
UAE introduced VAT from 1 January 2018 at a standard rate of 5%. As per the ‘UAE Executive Regulations of the Federal Decree-Law on Value Added Tax (VAT)’ all the fees charged by DELTA will be subject to VAT as prescribed by the law.
Canceling the attendance in an ongoing group course forfeits the right of claiming any refund or attending a different course.
The payment for the course is non-refundable, except the cases of cancellation of the course by DELTA due to the administrative or Force Major reasons. The refund in such cases will be commenced only for the classes, not taken by the student.
If the course is cancelled by DELTA it is possible to avail a 100% refund.
Any refunds will be made only after the same has been approved by the Management, A refund form will be sent by DELTA which needs to be filled and emailed back after which the refund will be made back to you in the form of a cheque only.
All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
Office Tel No: +971 4 4035064
Address: Office no 115, AL Joud Center, AL Quoz Industrial area 1, Dubai
GEMS English Language Learning Programme 2018
Policy Document for Parents
Classes and schedules
- All GEMS English Language Programme classes will be taught by English speaking GEMS teachers with internationally recognised teaching qualifications and/or proven experience.
- The 3 hour daily programme consists of 160 minutes of study time and 20 minutes of supervised break.
- Maximum class size will not exceed 14 students.
- Programme management cannot guarantee the same class teacher from week toweek.
- Parents who wish to book transportation by STS, must do so latest by 1st July 2018.
- No transportation bookings will be accepted after one week before the programme is due to start.
- Students arriving via the school bus will be supervised to and from the bus every day by GEMS staff.
- Students arriving independently must be dropped off or picked up by a parent or preapproved designated adult. Students cannot arrive or leave school unaccompanied, i.e. via public taxi.
- Parents who wish another adult, e.g. a nanny or driver, to regularly drop off or pick up their child must inform the Lead Teacher in writing and either introduce the designated adult to the Lead Teacher or provide a photograph.
- Parents who wish another adult, e.g. another parent to pick up their child must inform the Lead Teacher in advance.
- To get the most from the course, students should arrive on time every day, participate actively in the lessons, and complete all assigned homework tasks.
- Students must attend at least 80 per cent of the course to qualify for a certificate of completion.
- If a student is absent without prior notification from the parents, a member of the English
- Language Programme team will follow up with the parents the same morning.
- In the event of teacher sickness, the lesson will be taught by a substitute teacher.
- Course fees must be paid in full and in advance.
- Course fees include the cost of the placement test which will be administered once payment has been received.
- Workbooks, materials, stationery and end of course certificates are included in the course fees
- No refunds can be given once the fee payment has been made.
- In exceptional cases, a refund may be granted at the management’s discretion. The approved refund will usually be by cheque and take up to10 working days to process.
- GEMS English Language Programme reserves the right to terminate lessons should a student behave inappropriately.
- In the event that the GEMS English Language Programme is cancelled before the start of a week, parents will be issued a full refund for that particular week.
Reporting and Assessment
- GEMS English Language Programme teachers will email parents within 48 hours of the start of a week to provide individualised as well as overall learning objectives for the course.
- GEMS English Language Programme teachers continuously assess students and willprovide a written progress report at the end of each week.